Deputy Director for Research, Dr. Sci. (Tech) Professor, Honored Scientists of the Russian Federation
In detail: Sokolov, Boris Vladimirovich, born in 1951, is a Deputy Director for Research at St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS). He received his M. Sci., PhD, Dr. Sci. Eng., Professor, Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation degrees and titles in 1974, 1983, 1993, 1994 and 2008 respectively.
Having started his research and faculty career as a military professional and scientist at A.F. Mozhaysky Military-Space Academy in Leningrad/St Petersburg he grew in his ranks from a cadet to a colonel and from an adjunct to a full professor. Currently Professor Boris V. Sokolov is a well recognized scientist, the founder of new scientific direction in the automation and control processes of complex technical objects (CTO) associated with a complex description and study of processes of adaptive structural-functional synthesis and development management of self-organizing information systems in critical applications. Awarded a scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation "For outstanding achievements in the field of armaments, military and special equipment", 2009. He combines his profound research in SPIIRAS and teaching at St. Petersburg Universities, e.g., since 1999 he delivers professional courses at St. Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation.
Professor B. V. Sokolov is the founder of a new scientific school that keeps developing the proposed by him the optimal control theory for structure dynamics of complex systems. For many years Professor B. V. Sokolov is actively engaged in teaching, he had started this activity at A. F. Mozhaysky Military Space Academy as an assistant professor and later became a head of the department and full professor. He combines his profound research in SPIIRAS and teaching at St. Petersburg Universities, e.g., since 1999 he delivers professional courses at St. Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation in a capacity of Full Professor. So far his followers defended their PhD and Dr. Sci. theses under his supervision, including eight PhD and two Doc. of Sci. theses. The members of his extended research team personally prepared and delivered several original courses of lectures on integrated model of the structural dynamics of complex objects in various domains (aerospace, management, urban economy).
Since 1999 and currently, under Professor B. V. Sokolov leadership and with his direct participation were realized more than 95 research and engineering projects funded by the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR), Section of Applied Problems at the Presidium of RAS, International organizations intended for improvement and automation of the processes of complex objects’ control in critical applications (aerospace, nuclear industry, information security). International and national recognition of Professor B. V. Sokolov outstanding research and practical expertise had been duly evaluated by different international experts at research organizations; repeatedly Professor B. V. Sokolov and his research team have been selected to develop research projects by ISTC, CRDF, including Partner Project #1992p, ISTC and EOARD (2000-2003), CRDF- RUM2-1554-ST-05 (2005-2006), and EU research programs and educational programs, e. g., Project 2.1/ELRI -184/2011/14 (2012-2014), Project 1.2/ELRI-121/2011/13 (2012-2015); international project ERASMUS +, Capacity building in higher education, № 73751-EPP-1-2016-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP, Innovative teaching and learning strategies in open modeling and simulation environment for student-centered engineering education.
Undoubtedly, that being a profoundly qualified and highly active researcher in basic and applied areas of integrated modeling, simulation and mathematical methods in scientific research, optimal control theory, and mathematical models and methods of decision-making support in complex technical-organizational systems under uncertainties and multi-criteria, implementations of RFID technology and mobile IT in supply chain management processes, Professor B. V. Sokolov continues a search for promising theoretical and practical approaches to solving many complex problems. So, over the last five years Professor B. V. Sokolov formulated and thoroughly developed an original applied control theory by structural dynamics of the SRT; the priority, the reliability and validity of the above scientific breakthrough, its findings and recommendations were confirmed by numerous publications, implementations and testing both at national and international levels. The results of the research (R & D) personally done by Professor B. V. Sokolov and with involvement of his research colleagues resolved a number of problems and found their practical implementation at many scientific organizations and enterprises of the defense industry functioning in missile and space technology (RNII of Space Instrument Making NPO “Energia”, TsNIIMash, NPO “ELAS”, NPO), and in military units and leading higher civil and military educational institutions of Russia and the USSR in the creation and operation of special software planning and control of space vehicles members of such space systems as “GLONASS”, “Globus”, “System”, “Buran”. Professor B. V. Sokolov and representatives of the scientific school founded by him developed and implemented at industrial and military organizations of the Russian Federation various combined models, methods, algorithms and techniques that integrate computer-aided planning of space assets and control of their structural dynamics, thus, allowing for minimal costs of resources needed at increasing the process efficiency.
Professor B. V. Sokolov carries out an extensive scientific and organizational work; his service to the society is also worth noting. He is a member of two Academic Councils, used to be and is a member of the program committees of many national and international conferences; member of the editorial Board of the journal “Proceedings of the Universities. Instrumentation”, member of the Federation of Cosmonautics.
Professor B. V. Sokolov’ professional expertise involves an evaluation of the quality of projects presented at the competitions announced by RFBR, the Foundation of Support of Small Forms Enterprises in Scientific and Technical Sphere and other.
He is the author and co-author of three monographs on systems and control theory and of over 530 scientific works published in many academic journals in Russia and beyond, including European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Scheduling, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, Differential Equations, and Automation and Remote Control.
- Advanced river flood monitoring, modelling and forecasting Merkuryeva, G., Merkuryev, Y., Sokolov, B.V., (...), Zelentsov, V.A., Lektauers, A. 2015 Journal of Computational Science
- Structural quantification of the ripple effect in the supply chain Sokolov, B., Ivanov, D., Dolgui, A., Pavlov, A. 2015 International Journal of Production Research
- A dynamic model and an algorithm for short-term supply chain scheduling in the smart factory industry 4.0 Ivanov, D., Dolgui, A., Sokolov, B., Werner, F., Ivanova, M. 2015 International Journal of Production Research
- Operational flood forecasting as a web-service Sokolov, B.V., Pashchenko, A.Ev., Potryasaev, S.A., Ziuban, A.V., Zelentsov, V.A. Proceedings - 29th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation, ECMS 2015
- Conceptual description of integrated risk modelling problems for managerial decisions in complex organisational and technical systems Sokolov, B.V., Yusupov, R.M., Ivanov, D.A. 2015 International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management
- Intelligent integrated decision support systems for territory management Sokolov, B.V., Zelentsov, V.A., Brovkina, O., (...), Mochalov, V.F., Potryasaev, S.A. 2015 Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing
- Models adaptation of complex objects structure dynamics control Sokolov, B.V., Zelentsov, V.A., Brovkina, O., Mochalov, V.F., Potryasaev, S.A. 2015 Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing
- Integration of aggregate distribution and dynamic transportation planning in a supply chain with capacity disruptions and the ripple effect consideration Ivanov, D., Hartl, R., Dolgui, A., Pavlov, A., Sokolov, B. 2014 International Journal of Production Research
- Optimal distribution (re)planning in a centralized multi-stage supply network under conditions of the ripple effect and structure dynamics Ivanov, D., Pavlov, A., Sokolov, B. 2014 European Journal of Operational Research
- Reconfiguration model for production-inventory-transportation planning in a supply network Ivanov, D.A., Sokolov, B.V., Pavlov, A.N. 2014 16th International Conference on Harbor, Maritime and Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation, HMS 2014
- Analysis of dynamic scheduling robustness with the help of attainable sets Potryasaev, S.A., Sokolov, B.V., Ivanov, D.A. 2014 International Conference on Computer Technologies in Physical and Engineering Applications, ICCTPEA 2014 - Proceedings
- The Ripple effect in supply chains: Trade-off 'efficiency-flexibility- resilience' in disruption management Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Dolgui, A. 2014 International Journal of Production Research
- A dynamic model and an algorithm for supply Chain scheduling problem solving Ivanov, D.A., Sokolov, B.V., Potryasaev, S.A. 16th International Conference on Harbor, Maritime and Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation, HMS 2014
- Multi-stage supply chain scheduling with non-preemptive continuous operations and execution control Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Dolgui, A. 2014 International Journal of Production Research
- Multiple models of information fusion processes: Quality definition and estimation Sokolov, B.V., Zelentsov, V.A., Yusupov, R.M., Merkuryev, Y.A. 2014 Journal of Computational Science
- Complex objects remote sensing forest monitoring and modeling Sokolov, B.V., Zelentsov, V.A., Brovkina, O., Mochalov, V.F., Potryasaev, S.A. 2014 Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing
- Crowdsourcing interactive technology for natural-technical objects integrated monitoring Romanovs, A., Sokolov, B.V., Lektauers, A., Potryasaev, S., Shkodyrev, V. 2014 Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)
- Control theory application to spacecraft scheduling problem Potryasaev, S.A., Sokolov, B.V., Ivanov, D.A. 2014 International Conference on Computer Technologies in Physical and Engineering Applications, ICCTPEA 2014 - Proceedings
- Crowdsourcing supported modelling and analysis infrastructure for intelligent monitoring of natural-technological objects Romanovs, A., Sokolov, B.V., Lektauers, A., Petuhova, J. 25th European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, EMSS 2013
- Structure dynamics control-based integration of aggregate distribution and dynamic transportation planning Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Hartl, R., Pavlov, A. 2013 IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC-PapersOnline)
+ 7 812 3280103