Deputy Director for Research, Dr. Sci. (Tech) Professor, Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences
In detail: Ronzhin, Andrey Leonidovich, born in 1976, is a Deputy Director for Research at St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS). He received his M.Sci., PhD, Dr. Sci. Eng., Prof. and Prof. of RAS degrees and titles in 1999, 2003, 2010, 2013 and 2016 respectively.
Head of laboratory of speech and multimodal interface from 2008-2015. Head of laboratory of autonomous robotics systems since 2015. Head of department of electromechanics and robotics systems in St. Petersburg University of Airspace Instrumentation since 2016.
Research interests of Prof. A. Ronzhin include: multimodal user interfaces in ambient intelligence, digital audio-visual signal processing, sound source localization, face and body tracking, distant speech recognition, paralinguistic phenomena of spontaneous speech, context representation, recognition and prediction of human behavior, human-robot interaction.
Recent research activities of Prof. A. Ronzhin deal with development of mathematical, software and hardware of a technological platform for multi-channel audiovisual signal processing, cross-platform applications for detection and tracking users, distant speech recognition, multimedia notification of remote users and supporting distributed events, as well swarm robot topology and group behavior of humanoid robots.
Main international projects supervised by Prof. A. Ronzhin:
• Contract № 11.519.11.4025 «Development of Software for Assistive Multimodal Living Environment», The Russian Federal Targeted Program "R&D in Priority Fields of S&T Complex of Russia for 2007-2013", 2011-2013.
• Contract № 11.519.11.4020 «Development of methods and models of automatic processing of speech signals in intelligent informational-communicational systems», The Russian Federal Targeted Program "R&D in Priority Fields of S&T Complex of Russia for 2007-2013", 2011-2013.
• RFBR project “Model of Audio-Visual Speech Synthesis and Recognition for Intellectual Queuing Devices”, № 08-07-90002-Bel_a, 2008-2009.
• SIMILAR NoE “The European taskforce creating human-machine interfaces SIMILAR to human-human communication” IST-2002-507609, 2003-2007.
• INTAS Innovative Project № 05-1000007-426 «Introduction the automatic Russian speech recognition system SIRIUS in telecommunication», 2006-2008.
• INTAS № 04-77-7404 “Development of multi-voice and multi-language Text-to-Speech (TTS) and Speech-to-Text (STT) conversion system (languages: Belarussian, Polish, Russian)”, 2005-2007.
He is Member of Scientific Board be Robotics and Mechatronics of Russian Academy of Sciences, Member of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control; Member of the committee on East Europe of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA); Co-Chairman of International Conference Speech and Computer - SPECOM; Co-Chairman of International Conference Interactive Collaborative Robotics - ICR.; Chairman of Interdisciplinary Workshop "Analysis of Conversational Russian Speech" AR-3. He is Deputy Editor-in-Chief of SPIIRAS Proceedings Journal and member of editorial board of Speech Technologies Journal.
- Interactive Collaborative Robotics. Springer International Publishing Switzerland. A. Ronzhin et al. (Eds.): ICR 2016, LNAI 9812, 2016, 264 p.
- Speech and Computer. Springer International Publishing Switzerland. A. Ronzhin et al. (Eds.): SPECOM 2016, LNAI 9811, 2016, 750 p.
- Karpov A., Markov K., Kipyatkova I., Vazhenina D., Ronzhin A. Large vocabulary Russian speech recognition using syntactico-statistical language modeling, Speech Communication. 2014, Vol. 56, January, pp. 213-228
- Ronzhin A., Karpov A. Challenges of Russian Speech Processing in Multimodal Applications. In: Systemtheorie. Signalverarbeitung. Sprachtechnologie. Rüdiger Hoffmann zum 65. Geburtstag. Studientexte zur Sprachkommunikation. Mehnert D, Kordon U, Wolff M (Eds.) Vol. Band 68. Dresden: TUD Press; 2013, pp. 82-87.
- Karpov A., Carbini S., Ronzhin A., Viallet J.E. Two Similar Different Speech and Gestures Multimodal Interfaces. Multimodal User Interfaces: From Signals to Interaction, D. Tzovaras (Ed.), Springer, 325 p., 2008
+7 812 3287081